We are proud to announce that we have created an online PR, social media and marketing campaign to launch and promote Pozzitive's encyclopaedia of British comedy.
Pozzitive is the multi award-winning comedy production company whose directors have made some of the most important and era-defining comedy shows, including French & Saunders, Not The Nine O'Clock News, Harry Enfield & Chums, The Paul & Pauline Calf Video Diaries, Spitting Image, Victoria Wood - As Seen On TV and The Young Ones.
A social media campaign will also be rolled out later this year across the likes of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Compiled using material from Pozzitive's sketch shows, sitcoms and programmes spanning 20 years, the site at www.pozzitive.co.uk offers revealing stories about the most popular comedians including the true story of why rehearsing an Alan Partridge sketch with Noel Gallagher proved unexpectedly difficult and the time when Harry Enfield testicles got stuck in his costume seconds before appearing on stage.
Visitors to www.pozzitive.co.uk will be able to purchase shows via an in-site store with links to all DVDs and Download-To-Own audio from Amazon & Audible.co.uk
The site features:
1. Over 570 rare photos including never-before-seen shots of comedians like Simon Pegg, Robbie Coltrane, Julian Clary & Jack Dee and behind-the-scenes from shows like Coogan's Run featuring Steve Coogan, John Thomson and Rebecca Front.
2. Exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage from shows like TLC starring Alexander Armstrong & Reece Shearsmith.
3. Over 70 different audio clips, including exclusive specially-edited highlights from current series (Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive, Jeremy Hardy Speaks To The Nation, Another Case Of Milton Jones, Giles Wemmbley Hogg, Cabin Pressure and more).
4. Extracts from untransmitted pilots (including Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive and The 99p Challenge).
5. Specially-made trailers and extracts from shows never released on CD, with stars like Clive Anderson, Jeremy Hardy, Paul Merton, Julian Clary, Angus Deayton, Hugh Dennis.
6. Over 50 video clips including material from shows never released on DVD featuring Robbie Coltrane, Angus Deayton, Robert Webb in BBC Three's The Comic Side Of 7 Days and even Steve Coogan playing Mick Jagger in a Spitting Image song.
7. Publicity material from shows starring comedians like Steve Punt, Marcus Brigstocke and Steve Coogan, trailers, publicity postcards, scripts and over 76 series written up in full, including full casts and crew list sourced from the original tapes and paperwork.
David Tyler, who set up Pozzitive with Geoff Posner, and wrote much of the information on the site to give a friendly, insider's-eye view, said: "We're excited about the way comedy can be used to engage and interact with the public online, and the way brands use comedy to integrate their offering, for example, in the world's first interactive comedy ‘Where Are The Joneses', sponsored by Ford."
Tyler continnued: "Much of the information on the site will never have been released before let alone collated in one place. We have stepped up our digital investment and have some very exciting online plans to engage and interact with the public in 2009. We're proud to have Hot Cherry on board as our online marketing and PR partner as they have an enviable reputation creating campaigns that get brands engaging with consumers online."
Pozzitive continue to develop comedy formats across TV, radio and online and work at the cutting edge of comedy with shows like Armando Iannucci's ‘Charm Offensive' and ‘Jeremy Hardy Speaks To The Nation'.
Pozzitive are currently in production with the 2nd series of the smash-hit sitcom "Cabin Pressure" starring Stephanie Cole and Roger Allam.