Hot Cherry has been commissioned for a series of exciting online PR + social media projects, none of which we can talk about at the mo. So, in the meantime, and with thanks to Delicious magazine, here's a recipe for scrummy chocolate puds with a hot cherry sauce.
As you sink your spoon into these heavenly cakes the warm chocately centre oozes out and joins the vibrant cherry sauce. Gooey chocolate puds with whole cherry sauce are a chocoholic's dream pudding with the cherries just, well, the cherry on the cake.
Ready in 35 minutes
Method: How to make chocolate puds with cherry sauce
1. Put the light muscovado sugar into a pan with 2 tablespoons water. Heat for about 2 minutes, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and is starting to turn syrupy. Add the halved cherries and cook, gently stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in the Moscato wine and bring to the boil. Bubble for about 5 minutes to reduce, then add the whole cherries and cook for a further minute. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/ gas 5. Grease 6 x 8cm cooking rings and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (you could use greased Yorkshire pudding tins instead).
3. Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl resting over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the water doesn't touch the bowl. Heat until melted, then stir once and remove the bowl from the pan.
4. Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar with an electric mixer until very pale, foamy and doubled in volume. Gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture, followed by the flour. Chill for 10 minutes, or until the mixture has firmed up slightly.
5. Divide between the rings or tins and bake for 8-10 minutes, until risen and firm on the outside and squidgy in the centre. Remove the puds from the rings or tins and place each of them on an individual dish. Spoon the cooled sauce over and around each pud to serve.
© delicious. magazine